UBC Day 13 - Today is Embrace Your Inner Geek Day!


Today we pay tribute to our inner geek and to all the geeks of the world. 

Even my Malamute Loup A. Graham got caught up in the excitement of the day and insisted on a special photo shoot for the occasion.

Geeks have always had a bad reputation for being social misfits who dress badly. They prefer interacting with machines to people and are considered obsessive and weird.

I say we need to celebrate the Geeks of this world and appreciate their valuable contributions. Think of all the famous and successful geeks who have changed our world such as Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Steve Jobs and many others. 

Without geeks we’d have none of this wonderful technology like this laptop I’m working on. Or the nifty programs I work with to do my writing and edit my photos.

Without them, we’d have no Internet with all the cool sites to interact with like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, email and so on.

We'd have no cell phones and no GPS systems to guide us on our way.

I’ve never thought of myself as particularly geeky but I am an Internet addict and I do love fooling around with programs on the computer. 

Since I grew up in the pre-computer age, I find it all so magical, whereas my sons' generation accept it as the norm. 

Thank you, Geeks for making the world so connected and fun.

Let’s hear it for GEEKS! Now go share or tweet something about GEEKS like a good little GEEK! YEH!

Comments

  1. Yay for geeks! I am extremely grateful for the stuff we use every day that's the product of geeky brains. Thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hip, hip, Hooray for the Geeks! I agree with you - they must be celebrated, for where would be be today, without them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for the Geeks! Where would we be without them. In the dark without face book that is where! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am awed by the younger (really young) generation, like my grandson who at two years old had to show this grandma how to do something on her iPad. Yes - GO GEEKS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes! Geeks rock! Cant imagine life without their contribution to our lives! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference