Rainbows and Butterflies

I love Jonathan Lockwood Huie's daily quotes and inspirational posts. Today he writes that it’s important to look for the small miracles of daily life instead of always waiting for the big miracles which may or may not happen.


Each day we see small miracles all around if we open our eyes and minds to see them.

Here is a small miracle, a beautiful photo that my son Rory took of his walk in the woods with our dog, Loup during the snowfall yesterday. I think it’s so magical when the snow clings to the trees like this as if they fairies came by and dusted snow on each branch. So picturesque. Maybe I won’t be so in awe of the snow by March but right now it looks gorgeous on the trees as the first snowfall of the winter.




Here is another small miracle. I shared a wonderful post about writing by my good friend Shailaja that is definitely worth a read.


At that same moment in time, Shailaja said she received my snail mail card which traveled all the way from Canada to India. She said she was reading it at the same time as I shared her post and it made her day. 

Yes, small miracles are everywhere ready for you to appreciate them as they happen. 

Rainbows and butterflies are all around if you are open to them. 

Here is a poem I wrote and an inspirational poster I created about small miracles. 


Comments

  1. It is so true indeed....Finding the small miracles in life is so important....Makes life tolerable.....And these gestures of friendship make life beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing how the snow hugs everything when it is fresh. Just gorgeous...and yes. There are miracles all around us! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the way you describe the snow as hugging everything. I just wish it would stop being so affectionate when March comes around.

      Delete
    2. We will always see a miracle -- especially if we expect them and look for them

      Delete
    3. So true, Carol. The main thing is to be open to it.

      Delete
  3. The first snowfall seems like a miracle as it always looks so magical, especially on trees: so exquisite, I think! ;) I think paying attention to miracles is like paying attention to gratitude and have that ever increasing. Love the synchronistic mail delivery and post read. ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true that paying attention to miracles is like paying attention to gratitude. Good point. Thanks for your comment, Elly!

      Delete
  4. That is a beautiful photo, Cat! Are you planning to print and frame the photo? :)

    Loved your inspirational poster. Just saw your card in Shailaja's timeline...so thoughtful of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely, isn't it, Vidya? Lovely for November anyhow. By March, the appeal of snow is waning. LOL! I should print and frame it. Rory would like that. Wasn't it magical about me posting Shailaja's post when she got my card? I thought it was a small miracle. I enjoy sending snail mail now and then. Before the Internet, I was an avid letter writer.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful picture of the forest trees. Miracles do surround us daily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful words Cat...miracles are everywhere...we just need to look for them than get caught up in the mundane!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference